ROGERS ROYALS FACE OFF BOOSTER CLUB
Article I – Name
The official name of the corporation is Rogers Royals Face-Off Booster Club.
Article II – Purpose
The purpose of this corporation is to provide support to the Rogers High School boys and girls hockey teams.
Article III – Membership
Membership is open to all persons—regardless of race, gender, religion, or national origin—interested in furthering the purpose of the organization. Membership is valid for one year. There shall be three categories of membership.
- General Membership
- General members are parents or guardians of players participating in the Rogers High School hockey program. General members shall pay annual dues on a per player basis, and have a right to one vote at the annual meeting per paid membership.
- Blue Line and Corporate Membership
- Blue Line members are individuals who support the Rogers High School hockey program. Blue Line members shall pay annual dues. Blue Line members shall not have voting rights.
- It is permissible to set up various levels of participation on an annual basis if desired by the board.
- Corporate members are organizations which support Rogers High School hockey. Corporate members shall pay annual dues. Corporate members shall not have voting rights.
Article IV – Meetings
- Booster Club Board Meetings
- The Booster Club Board shall meet at least nine times per year. The fiscal year of the Booster Club shall be from July 1 – June 30 of each year.
- A quorum of the Booster Club Board shall consist of a majority of Board members. Any action determined by a majority of those present at the meeting when a quorum has been established shall be the action of the Booster Club Board.
- General Membership Annual Meeting
- The general membership shall meet at least one time per year. A quorum of the general membership shall consist of not fewer than 10% of the total eligible membership. Any action determined by a majority of those present at the annual meeting, when a quorum has been established, shall be the action of the general membership of the Booster Club.
- The General Membership Annual Meeting will occur every May.
- New board members will be elected at the General Membership Annual Meeting.
- Special Meetings
- Special meetings of the Board or the general membership may be called when deemed necessary by the president or by petition of the general membership.
- A quorum of the general membership shall consist of not fewer than 10% of the total eligible membership. Any action determined by a majority of those present at a special meeting when a quorum has been established shall be the action of the general membership of the Booster Club.
Article V – Board of Directors
The business and property of the Rogers Royals Face-Off Booster Club shall be vested in the Board of Directors which is comprised of the Officers of the Corporation and the Directors of the Booster Club. The Board of Directors shall not be compensated for serving on the Board.
- The officers of the corporation shall be: President, Vice President, Secretary, and Treasurer.
- All officers are voting members on the Booster Club Board.
- The directors of the Booster Club shall be: Boys Team Director, Girls Team Director, Boys Fundraising Director, and Girls Fundraising Director.
- All directors are voting members on the Booster Club Board.
- Duties of the Officers
- The President shall preside at the general membership annual meeting, the Board meetings, and any special general membership meetings. The President shall oversee all business of the organization and delegate tasks necessary to carry out the purpose of the organization. The President or designee shall represent the Booster Club at all external activities.
- The Vice President shall preside in the absence of the President and at such times perform the duties of that position. Additionally, the Vice President assumes additional responsibility delegated to him/her by the Officers.
- The Secretary shall create and maintain accurate records of all proceedings of the organization. The Secretary shall be responsible for maintaining the Booster Club’s Bylaws, and Policies and Procedures Manual.
- The Treasurer shall be responsible for the financial aspects of all endeavors of the Booster Club. The Treasurer shall create and maintain accurate financial records. The Treasurer shall provide a financial status report at Booster Club meetings and shall submit a written report at the annual meeting.
- Duties of the Directors
- The Team Director shall be the liaison between the team and the Board on matters between the team and the Board. The Team Director shall be responsible for coordinating team supporting activities.
- The Fundraising Director shall ensure all fundraising activities are executed within the guidelines set forth in the Booster Club’s policies and procedures.
- Duties of the Head Coaches
- The Head Coaches of both the boys and girls team will be an active member of the booster club.
- The Head Coaches role is to advise the board on team activities, participate in planning of team expenses, and support fundraising activities as deemed necessary.
- The Head Coaches have voting authority on all board motions.
- Officer and Director Position Vacancies
- A vacancy in the office of the President prior to a term conclusion shall be filled by the vice president. If the Vice President position is also vacant, the remaining board members will vote in an interim President to serve out the term.
- Vacancies in other offices shall be filled by appointment of the President, with a majority approval of the Board, for the remainder of the term.
- Removal of Officers and Directors
- Any Officer or Director may be removed following prior notice documenting the grievance, a hearing of the Board, and a majority vote of the Board for removal.
Article VI – Board of Directors Elections
An election of Board members shall be conducted once per year at the General Membership Annual Meeting.
- Board of Director Terms
- All elected terms shall be two years in length.
- On odd years, the following positions shall be open for election: President, Secretary, Girls Team Director, and Boys Fundraising Director.
- On even years, the following positions shall be open for election: Vice President, Treasurer, Boys Team Director, and Girls Fundraising Director.
- A nominating committee consisting of Board and/or general members shall be appointed by the president.
- The committee shall make a good faith effort to present a slate of at least one candidate for each office open for election.
- Nominations may be made from the floor at the annual meeting with the consent of the nominee.
- The nominating committee shall be responsible for the preparation, distribution, collection, and counting of votes.
- The nominating committee shall be responsible for recording and reporting the results to the president and the secretary.
- The election shall be made by majority vote of the general members present at the annual meeting assuming a quorum has been established.
- In the absence of a General Membership quorum, the existing Board will vote and elect new board members.
This document can also be downloaded by "clicking here" or by going to the "Documents" tab on the side menu.